Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Julie Nutting Merry Nice, a Christmas ornament tutorial!

Hey everybody I was just looking at the new release of dolls by Julie Nutting from Prima I could not believe it when I got Halloween and Christmas in the middle of summer.  Well it's time to play I say!
You know I always go to an ornament party in Christmas that my BFF Tere hosts, we have a blast and of course we swap ornaments, I always bring a handmade one and this doll has the best scale to do just that!
I am using Merry Nice, don't you just love the name?
How about some pictures!
and a closie, I used the holy stamp as a poinsettia to frame my doll!

so let's begin by gathering your supplies
you are going to need:

Prima's trim in gold, of course Miss Merry Nice, I used Hazel And Ruby Ephemera Collage tissue for my background, Graphic Line Painter in "herring" and "snow", multi medium matte, "star dust"stickles to make her fur trims shine ♥ and a Letraset Metallic Marker in gold and you ornament!

I noticed my doll got lost on the right side of the tissue so I flipped it and stamped the back

much better now she will show nicely and be easy to paint!

after you stamp her make a pattern and cut all your sides

of course you need a pretty package to give her away right?
So I used a Kraft cupcake box to alter


and you need a tag...

once you cover all 5 sides you are ready to embellish some more , for this I used 
Prima Jubilee flowers #571955
Prima Poinsettias #571740

See how pretty she looks peeking out!
I hope you enjoyed this!!!!


Milagros

No comments:

Post a Comment