Friday, August 22, 2014

Dream, enjoy


Hi everybody! It's a wet Friday here in Puerto Rico, it's hurricane season so that means we get  a ton of rain in summer!  This month's prompt at OUAS is so dear to me.  My first child is off to College, there's an empty room in my house that I have to face everyday.  A constant reminder that he is away...I miss him so much.  I made a pocket out of his photograph an in tucked an envelope with my good wishes for him.  You know a mother has to give wings and let them fly, doesn't mean I worry any less.
I hope he's studying and learning and making new friends and good decisions of his own.

 He looks so grown up with that beard, I wish I had my baby back...
the absolutely beautiful stencil on my background is the new Mini Alhambra by Rebekah Meier for
The Crafters Workshop
 I used the cartographer collection for this , it was so manly man, LOL


I hope you enjoyed my sideways interpretation of the sketch!

Milagros

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful masculine with just enough embellishments, super layout!! Thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous & really shows your love for your boy...I'm sure he'll make you proud.....LOVE the bit of hessian, & I think turning the sketch worked a TREAT....so happy to see you playing along with us at OUAS this month:) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete