Monday, December 22, 2014

Julie Nutting Toby, a Christmas ornament tutorial

Hi everyone!  Back in July way ahead of times a wrote a Merry Nice ornament tutorial.  I am happy to report that it has been the most viewed item in the history of tis blog, thank you very much, many of you have pinned it to your Pinterest boards as well  and it has made me immensely happy.
Now it's not fair not to have a boy inspiration too so after receiving the "Toby" stamp I decided to make a Christmas ornament for the boys too!
so here it goes, first stamp is to gather your ornament, find a good size one because Toby is small but not so much in terms of scale for an ornament

then stamp him on the reverse side, I'm using the same Hazel and Ruby paper on the link above

color it as your like

once finished paint a piece of ribbon with a matching Color Bloom Spray
I sued " Summer Sky"

I wanted to finish my ball with a detail and pearls were out of the question...
so I found this big jingle bell and threaded it using florist wire

to make sure the wire stays inside I used a bit of glossy accents, 3D gloss gel can be used as well

make the proper holes to put the wires inside, as you can see I used the snow flakes from Julie's "warm wishes" doll

so you can better see the jingle

such a cool guy reminds me of my son when he was little!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial as well
Hugs and Happy Christmas
Milagros

No comments:

Post a Comment